The International Church of Cannabis in Denver, Colorado, is an unconventional and intriguing attraction that draws visitors from all walks of life. The church promotes the spiritual use of cannabis and celebrates the artistic and creative aspects of the plant. In this article, we will provide a comprehensive guide for those planning to visit this one-of-a-kind destination.
History and Background
Founded in 2017, the International Church of Cannabis is located at 400 S. Logan St, Denver, CO 80209. The church is home to a non-profit religious organization called Elevationism, which believes in the spiritual benefits of cannabis. Although the church does not provide or sell cannabis, members are encouraged to bring their own for personal use during private ceremonies. The International Church of Cannabis is open to the public for tours and events, with a focus on art, music, and community-building.
The Building and Artwork
The International Church of Cannabis is housed in a historic church building that dates back to 113 years ago. The exterior is adorned with a vivid mural, while the interior features stunning psychedelic artwork by renowned Spanish artist Okuda San Miguel. The church’s centerpiece is a magnificent, colorful ceiling mural known as the “Starry Night of the Sacred Geometry.” The vibrant artwork and unique atmosphere make it a popular destination for art enthusiasts, photographers, and those seeking a one-of-a-kind experience.
What to Expect
When visiting the International Church of Cannabis, keep in mind the following:
- Guided Tours: The church offers guided tours that provide an in-depth look at the history, artwork, and mission of the organization. The tours typically last around 30 minutes and are available during the church’s public hours.
- Events and Workshops: The International Church of Cannabis hosts various events, including art shows, live music, workshops, and community gatherings. Check their website or social media pages for upcoming events and schedules.
- Rules and Etiquette: While the church promotes the spiritual use of cannabis, it is important to note that public consumption of marijuana is illegal in Denver. Cannabis use is only permitted during private, members-only events. Additionally, visitors are expected to be respectful of the church’s unique beliefs and purpose.
- Accessibility: The International Church of Cannabis is wheelchair accessible, ensuring that all visitors can enjoy the captivating artwork and serene atmosphere.
Visitor Tips and Recommendations
Consider these tips to make your visit to the International Church of Cannabis enjoyable:
- Plan your visit during public hours, as the church is not open for general visits during private events.
- The guided tour is highly recommended, as it offers valuable insights into the history and artwork of the church.
- If you’re interested in attending a private, members-only event, consider joining the Elevationist community online.
- Be respectful of the church’s rules and policies, especially regarding cannabis use.